Recommended A3 printer and scanner
I run a small consultancy and look to use the best equipment for an efficient, robust service for my clients and staff. Before I had an A4 printer plus an A3 printer. But no A3 scanner. And I mark up a lot of A3 drawings with my work, so a feeder for the A3 sheets would also be great. But I am running out of room! so here is a highly recommended A3 printer and scanner:
The answer – The Brother MFC-J6920DW
If you are an Architect or other consultant and need something that combined all these features, then I highly recommend the Brother MFC-J6920DW. It has the following features:
- A4 printing and scanning
- A3 printing and scanning
- Dual paper feed. So the top tray for A4, the bottom tray for A3.
- The scanner feeder accommodates A4 and A3, no problem.
- You can print via your Apple device. I can print direct from my iPhone and use an iMac. All works seamlessly via Wifi.
- There is a quiet mode
- You can print in variety of different standards
- Ink is easy to change and install.
Not really, works well for me apart from using Windows 7 in Parallels on the iMac! I need to print from the Apple OS software in order to get proper A4/A3 but this does not cause me any issues. If you have a PC, you will not get this issue. Only other item is printing to A3, the pull out paper collector is not quite large enough so the A3 paper spills onto the desk or floor. But this is minor.
You can pick one up for around £270 inc. VAT from Amazon.
Low Carbon Box are Sustainable Building Consultants?
Get in touch if you want to hear from us.