Recruiting for a Sustainable Building Consultant
Who we are:
Low Carbon Box are recruiting for a Sustainable Building Consultant.
Low Carbon Box are Sustainable Building Consultants based in the Midlands serving a variety of clients from bespoke self-build houses, to housing association, private developments and contractor led schemes.
We carry out a number of services including energy assessments for houses and non-domestic buildings, air tightness testing, Passivhaus, Planning Energy Statements, Thermal Bridge Modelling and low energy building advice.
Who we are looking for:
We are on the look out for someone to support our practice. This can be an Accredited On-Construction Domestic Energy Assessor, already qualified with any level of experience, that would be great.
We are really looking for a problem solver, someone who likes maths and a bit of physics, understands geometry and likes a bit of 3D modelling together with an interest in sustainability.
If you come from an Architectural background, then that is also great. We use ArchiCAD and having your knowledge will help understand the client’s needs and the understanding of how a building goes together.
Low Carbon Box are recruiting for a Sustainable Building Consultant who has an interest or are proficient in the following, (we are more than willing to train and become accredited along with developing your skills):
- Happy carrying out simple calculations – So maths is a good skill. This is needed to understand things like heat loss through insulation.
- Understand geometry – You will be measuring buildings from architectural drawings
- Happy to draw in 3D – So using Sketchup to model more complex buildings, then take the measurements. Easy to do, but better if confident.
- Comfortable with software, we use task manager software and aim for paperless where possible so being competent with computers will really help.
- Develop your skills further and have a hand in other areas of the business.
- Perhaps have an interest in Buildings or Architecture.
- Site work carrying our air tightness testing may also be possible.
- Have a keen interest in sustainability
We are flexible in terms of working arrangements. This can be office based, home based, flexible hours, part or full time (depending on role and experience). Salary and other benefits can be discussed but will aim to work around our combined needs to allow flexible working and meeting required goals.
Our main aim to to bring someone in to help our business that will help it grow and maintain our high standards.
Are you interested?
Our preference is for an energy assessor or someone already working in the industry who understands the basics of buildings, but if you have other skills that we have listed, then please get in touch.
Then please contact myself in the first interest with a brief outline of your experience (if any) or how you may fit the role (could be GCSE maths, physics and technical drawing for example) with your contact details and let us get back in touch by clicking on the link below, and complete the contact form.
We look forward to hearing from you. (PS: Strictly no agencies please)